Shri Vallabhbhai Patel often called the Iron Man of India. He was an Indian counselor( barrister) and a senior head of the Indian National Congress who assumed the main function in the nation’s battle for freedom and guided its combination into a unified, autonomous nation. In India, he was regularly called Sardar. He went about as Home Minister during the political combination of India and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947.
National Unity Day 2020
The nation is praising the 145th birth commemoration of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who is credited with joining each of the 562 riyasats of the pre-autonomous nation to assemble the Republic of India. Today, PM Modi will introduce the nation’s first seaplane administration between the Statue of Unity (SoU) site at Kevadiya Colony to the Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad. The day is commended as National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas out of appreciation for the Iron Man of India.
Quotes from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- “My only desire is that India should be a god producer and no one should be hungry, shedding tears for food in the country.”
- “Faith is of no evil in absence of strength. Faith and strength, both are essential to accomplish any great work.”.
- “Take to the path of dharma – the path of truth and justice. Don’t misuse your valor. Remain united. March forward in all humility, but fully awake to the situation you face, demanding your rights and firmness.
- Every Indian should now forget that he is a Rajput, a Sikh, or a Jat. He must remember that he is an Indian and he has every right in his country but with certain duties.
- Non-violence has to be observed in thought, word, and deed. The measure of our non-violence will be the measure of our success.
- Two ways of building character – cultivating the strength to challenge oppression, and tolerate the resultant hardships that give rise to courage and awareness.
- Manpower without unity is not a strength unless it is harmonized and united properly, then it becomes a spiritual power.
- Work is undoubtedly worship but laughter is life. Anyone who takes life too seriously must prepare himself for a miserable existence. Anyone who greets joys and sorrows with equal facility can really get the best of life.
- “There is something unique in this soil, which despite many obstacles has always remained the abode of great souls.”
- “A war based on Satyagraha is always of two kinds. One is the war we wage against injustice, and the other we fight our own weaknesses.”