What Did the Family of Weaver Say on Colleen Missing?

Colleen Weaver, the missing teenager from Raynham, was recovered in New York City on Thursday night. The 16-year-old went missing nine days ago after she disappeared from her home.

Raynham Police said that “with the assistance of the New York City Police Department and the FBI.”  she was located at around 11 p.m. She was located “through investigative means,” the police said simply.

“We are so relieved to have Colleen back,” her father Casey Weaver wrote on Facebook Friday morning. “All of you have a deep place in our hearts. Words can’t describe how much we love you all.. so many people to thank up front and behind the scenes.”

Later, the family released a joint statement in which they expressed their “relief beyond belief” upon her safe return. “We respectfully ask for privacy at this time so we can focus on Colleen,” they wrote.

Colleen Weaver Missing

What Did the Family of Weaver Said?

“We are very glad to have found Colleen,” Raynham Police Chief James Donovan said in a statement early Friday. “This was the best possible outcome we could have hoped for and I want to commend the tireless efforts of our dedicated officers and our partners in the NYPD and FBI who helped to locate her. This has been a trying couple of weeks for everybody involved and I want to thank everyone who assisted in this tremendous effort.”

“Anytime a child is reported missing, a sophisticated law enforcement system is set into motion, and it’s all hands-on deck because every minute counts until that child is safely recovered. We are incredibly grateful we were able to assist our law enforcement partners in locating Colleen Weaver and ensuring her safe return to her family,” On Friday, FBI Boston Field Office Special Agent in Charge Joe Bonavolonta released the following statement.

Colleen Weaver Missing

Prior to Colleen’s return, the town of Raynham held a candlelight vigil on Thursday night.

According to Colleen’s mother, she vanished somewhere between 1:00 and 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 18. The two of us just smiled and waved at each other,” Kristen Weaver explained. “She dozed off partially. Simply entering her bedroom was the last action she took.”

It was revealed throughout the inquiry that the police had suspected she had departed with another person and was currently somewhere more than a hundred miles away from Raynham.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.