Since 2008, the popular Indian sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ (TMKOC) has been broadcast on SAB TV, and Sharad Sankla is most known for playing the part of Abdul, a shopkeeper, in the show. Sharad Sankla is an Indian television actor.
Before he became famous under the name Abdul, he was formerly known as the Charlie Chaplin of Bollywood.
Sharad Sankla Wiki
Sharad Sankla was born in Mumbai on the Saturday, June 19, 1965 (as of the year 2022, he is 57 years old). Gemini is his astrological sign. He chose to pursue a career in acting instead of continuing his studies. Sharad Sankla ascribes to the teachings of Islam and practises his religion.
Sharad Sankla is an Indian actor who has worked in both film and television. He became well-known for his role as Abdul, the shopkeeper, in the long-running sitcom “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah”.
Career of Sharad Sankla
The year 1990 was the beginning of his acting career, which he launched in the Bollywood film Vansh.
He has appeared in supporting roles in a number of Hindi films, some of which are as follows: “Jaagruti” (1992), “Hum Hain Bemisaal” (1994), “Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha” (1998), “Khiladi” (1992), “Baazigar” (1993), and “Baadshah” (1999). During the airing of a commercial for Ed Cherry Blossom shoe polish, he gave a performance as the character Charlie Chaplin.
He has made appearances in a number of different Hindi television serials. The role of Abdul Miyan, which he played in the Indian television show “Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah,” was largely responsible for his rise to fame.
Appearance and Constituent Parts
- Approximate height: 5 feet 3 inches
- Approximate Weight: 55 kilogrammes
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Black
Personal Life and Choices
He tied the knot with Premila Sankla in the year 1993. The couple has been given the gift of parenthood with a son and a daughter. His daughter has been given the name Kritika, however his son is named Manav.
Sharad is the proud owner of a Ferrari. He makes 22,000 Indian Rupees per episode. He has two restaurants, one of which is located at Parle Point Juhu, and the other is located in Charlie Kebab Andheri.
- Favorite Actor: Raj Kapoor
- Favorite Cricketer: Kapil Dev
- Favorite TV shows character: Dilip Joshi
Fascinating Facts About Him
- He had worked in major studio pictures but spent nearly eight years unemployed. He spoke about his ordeal over the past eight years in an interview, saying,
You will not believe it. During these eight years, I used to move around the doors of producers with my portfolio. I did not get the job despite my name. But if I wanted to serve, I started working as an assistant director, choreographer and casting director. Did a few cameos as well. But nothing big was found. 9 years ago I joined ‘Tarak Mehta …’ and did not look back.
- A fellow college alumnus and producer of TMKOC, Asit Kumarr Modi was in his class. As he explained it in an interview,
During college days, I and producer Asit Modi were in the same batch. They knew me personally and professionally. One day he finalized me for the role of Abdul. I had no option but to say yes. Initially I used to shoot 2-3 days a month. But the character became popular and people came to know me as Sharad na right Abdul. I was born again from this show.
- He had a modest part in his debut film, 1990’s “Vansh,” and was paid only 50 Indian rupees.
- He enjoys dancing and going on adventures in his spare time.
- Abdul is a prominent shopkeeper in the fictional Gokuldham community, where he is known for his exceptional soda.
- He frequently shares images of himself and his fellow TMKOC cast members on social media.
- Sharad Sankla likes to eat non-vegetarian food.
The Parle Point Juhu and the Charlie Kabab Andheri are two of his Mumbai establishments. Sharad commented during the interview, “I don’t know how long the show lasts, so for future investment and children’s bright future one has to do double effort.”