One of the most well-known actresses working in the Bollywood film industry is Madhuri Dixit. She established a new record by being nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress a total of fourteen times. She has received a total of sixteen nominations, making her one of the actresses with the most nominations in the area of acting.
Here is everything you need to know about Madhuri Dixit .
Madhuri Dixit Wiki
Indian actress Madhuri Dixit has established a solid reputation for herself in the Hindi film industry. The critics praised her acting and dance skills. She was born on May 15, 1967 (making her 55 years old as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is a Taurus, one of the zodiac signs.
She is well-known by the moniker “Dhak-Dhak Girl.” A few months after the release of the song Dhak Dhak Karne Laga from the film Beta, she was given this name. She has a number of nicknames, but “Queen of Expressions” is one of the most famous.
She began training in Kathak dancing at the young age of three and is now a professional performer. She started her career in the entertainment sector at a young age and quickly rose to prominence. The Government of India awarded her the Padma Shri in 2008.
In Mumbai, she attended Divine Child High School. After finishing high school, she planned to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology at Parle College in Mumbai, but instead she decided to pursue a career in acting full-time.
|Name||Madhuri Shankar Dixit|
|Date of Birth||15 May 1967|
|Age (as of 2022)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Divine Child High School, Mumbai|
|College||Parle College, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film Debut: Abodh (1984)
TV Debut: Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai (2002)
|Family||Father– Shankar Dixit
Mother– Snehlata Dixit
|Address||2-B/110/1201, Excellency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala, Complex, Andheri (West),
|Husband||Shriram Madhav Nene|
|Net Worth||$35 million|
Her Career in Acting and Singing
In 1984, she made her acting debut as the title character Gauri in the Bollywood film Abodh. In 1990, for her appearance as Madhu Mehra opposite Aamir Khan in the film Dil, she won her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
In 1984, she was also cast in a TV show that ultimately did not air due to poor ratings. In addition, she has appeared in a slew of successful films, such as Tezaab (1988), Ram Lakhan (1989), Saajan (1991), Beta (1992), Khalnayak (1993), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Raja (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), etc.
She became well-known as the host of the Sony TV programme Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai in 2002. She has a beautiful singing voice and has sang in various films, including Devdas (2002) (where she sang the song “Kaahe Chhed”), Aaja Nachle (2007) (where she sang “Soniye Mil Ja”), and Gulaab Gang (2009) (where she sang “Rangi Saari Gulaabi”).
Besides Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2010–2014), So You Think You Can Dance (2016–present), and Dance Deewane, she has served as a judge on several other popular dance reality TV shows (2018). She established “Dance with Madhuri,” an online dance school, in 2013.
A Glimpse Into Her Personal Life
She was born into a Marathi Brahmin household of the middle class to the late Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit. She is the sister of Rupa Dixit and Bharati Dixit, in addition to having a brother named Ajit Dixit. Her religious identity is that of a Hindu.
Earlier, it was speculated that she was romantically involved with the actor Anil Kapoor. She was romantically involved with the well-known Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt at one point. It has been rumoured that she had a romantic relationship with the former Indian cricketer Ajay Jadeja in the 1990s.
She wed the cardiovascular surgeon Shriram Madhav Nene on October 17th, 1999. Raayan and Arin Nene are the couple’s two boys.
Fascinating Facts About Her
- Since Vinod Khanna was 20 years her senior when they filmed their kissing sequence for the film Dayavan in 1988, it was widely regarded as one of the creepiest kissing moments ever.
- She used to advertise the Maggie brand by claiming that it is beneficial to children’s health. However, she received heavy criticism in 2015 due to the MSG controversy surrounding Maggie.
- She was morbidly fascinated with cricket star Sunil Gavaskar.
- A tribute film, Gaja Gamini (2000), starring her and Shah Rukh Khan, was filmed in her honour. Renowned artist M. F. Hussain once named her “the most beautiful woman on earth.”
- She enjoys watching Hema Malini, Birju Maharaj, Helen Reddy, and Gene Kelly dance.
- In her spare time, she enjoys reading, and one of her favourite books is Jeffrey Archer’s A Quiver Full of Arrows.
- She has a background in the martial art of Taekwondo.
- With an estimated $35 million in assets, her salary each film averages $3–$4 crore.
- She started working for UNICEF as an ambassador of goodwill in India in 2014.
- She probably would have worked as a pathologist or a microbiologist if she weren’t an actor.
- Captain Batra was once mocked by Pakistani soldiers on the Indo-Pakistani border during the Kargil war; they joked “If India handovers Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit to them, they will leave the place forever.” That prompted Captain Batra to retort, “Madhuri ji to busy hain, main aa jata hun.”