If you’ve ever sent money in error, you’ll appreciate knowing how easy it is to get your money back using the Capitec app. To lose that money and have no way of getting it back can be terrible. Accidental funds transfers can occur for a variety of reasons, including transcribing errors and misspellings of account numbers and names.
A few precautions can be taken to prevent such unlawful transfers, but it is not Capitec’s obligation to prevent such occurrences. Customers who believe they have been the victims of unauthorised bank transfers have recourse through the bank’s dispute procedures.
It is possible to undo unauthorised electronic funds transfers (EFTs) conducted to either a Capitec or non-Capitec account. Bank customers should rest easy knowing that the bank has made provisions to address these issues. While there are many positive aspects to modern technology, there are also some negative aspects.
If you’ve accidentally sent money, this article will show you how to get it back.
What is Capitec App?
The Capitec app is designed with the goal of simplifying life for its users. After downloading the application, you will be able to use it to generate and pay invoices and payments, buy airtime, send and receive money, issue account statements by email stamps, and check account balances whenever and wherever you like.
How to Reverse Capitec Cash Send?
In order to get your money refunded, please complete these procedures when using the Capitec app:
- To get started, launch the Capitec mobile banking app.
- To complete the transaction successfully, pick the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
- Use the link for a debit purchase
- Type the PIN in when prompted.
- Select the necessary debit order (the EFT transaction in this case) from the list of reversible transactions in the History section.
- Pick the rationale that justifies the turnaround. The list of possible causes is provided.
- Click on the tab labelled “Agreement”
- For submission, please press the submit button.
- It is necessary to wait for the bank’s approval of the reversal request before the funds can be credited to your account.
Customers can easily lodge a request for a reversal with them by going to their local branch or calling their customer care number which is 0860 123 000. Both options are quite easy to use. To accomplish the task completely will take around four weeks.
Capitec App Money Transfer Instructions
Here’s how to use the Capitec mobile app to send money.
- Access the Send Cash option by going to the Transactions menu.
- Enter your remote PIN by clicking the corresponding button and then choose the account from which you’d like to make the withdrawal.
- Put in the monetary sum that you’re sending to another account.
- The next step is to generate a personal identification number (PIN) that you will share with the recipient of your money transfer.
- To agree to the terms and conditions, click the Next button and then select the box.
- Confirm the transaction by tapping the Yes button.
- Capitec will send you a text message including a reference number.
- You should communicate with the recipient of your wire transfer in two distinct ways: first, with the reference number; and second, with the secret code.
What Are the Consequences if a Payment Order is Reversed?
Several outcomes are possible, depending on the motivation behind a payment. One or more of the following may occur if you dispute a lawful debit order:
- An unpaid instalment, lapsed insurance coverage, or other service cancellation.
- It could cause your credit score to drop, making future credit applications more difficult.
- The costs of bad debt could increase if your information is shared with collection agencies.
- Potentially increased insurance rates or penalties for nonpayment of past due premiums
- New financial agreements may be more challenging to enter into.
- Your ability to reverse payment and avoid the aforementioned problems hinges on whether or not you can provide evidence of fraud or illegal charges to your account.
How To Make a Deposit on the Capitec App?
Deposits can be made in person at any participating bank, or, as discussed above, via the corresponding mobile app.
- Proceed to the “Money Transfer” tab.
- You’ll need to specify the account details for which you want your payments to be made or taken out.
- Simply enter your details and go to the deposit button.
- If you want to transfer funds to your Capitec account, you can do so at any time by making a deposit and referencing your Capitec account number. You should specify the branch’s name and IFSC code.
How to View Your Account Balance?
The Capitec app provides users with instantaneous access to their account balances.
- Please start by signing in with your username and password.
- Then select the account number to view details.
- Your available balance would be displayed in a matter of seconds.