The pandemic sprung some great inventions for social events keeping social distancing in mind. Some applications have saved movie-night experiences from dying. Apart from the well-known extensions like Netflix party and Watch Party by Amazon, many third-party websites offer the same experience. However, each member must have an account of their own. Now, Disney+ has also come up with an application named GroupWatch.
How to use GroupWatch?
GroupWatch is an extension within the Disney+ mobile app and website, which provides the facility to watch movies with friends and family at the same time. To use the feature, follow the steps given below:
- First, ensure that you have logged into your Disney+ account through the mobile app or the website.
- Search and click on the movie you desire to watch.
- Then, click on the tiny GroupWatch icon. It will ideally be beside the download option.
- Copy the generated link and share it with your family or friends via social media. Kindly note, only seven people, including you, can watch at once.
- After sending the invite, Disney+ will give you the option to switch devices. The same option will be available to all the other attendees as well. You can use this opportunity to switch to your TV.
After this five-step process, the playback will sync-up for everyone. Moreover, Disney+ will also adjust the quality of the video according to each person’s bandwidth. Another striking feature is that you can watch a movie with your friends effortlessly, even if you are hundreds of miles apart. Furthermore, there are six reactions you can choose from, and when you share them, they appear on everyone’s screen along with your name.
Availability of GroupWatch
GroupWatch initially went through a test phase in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. After a successful run, it is finally available in the U.S. for all content on Disney+. However, it still isn’t available in many other countries. Some of the European countries might be able to avail of this feature sometime by fall. Further, you can only be a part of one GroupWatch at a time.
More about Disney+
Disney+ is much similar to other OTT. It is an American subscription-based streaming service. It serves all the films and tv shows produced by The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television. It also focuses on content from Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic.